- Got a Kingfisher flight ticket From Kolkata to Bangalore on 7th Evening. On cleartrip A month ago.
- Received a message from Cleartrip that flight is rescheduled 2 weeks ago. Checked with Cleartrip customer care people. They did not know about it. Said the airline must have rescheduled it. Asked me to carry the printout of the same old ticket. flight rescheduled to 3:30 PM.
- A week before the flight simply checked on the Kingfisher site. Said it could not retrieve the ticket for the given PNR. Checked with Cleartrip. They had no idea. Called Kingfisher they said the flight has been cancelled. Called Cleartrip again and asked they what were they going to do about it. They still said they had no idea about it. (CONCLUSION: NEVER USE CLEARTRIP AGAIN).
- Kingfisher gave the option of An evening flight were they would put me on Waitlist. And a morning flight. I took the morning flight and now my flight is 7th of Nov 7 AM in the morning.
- A day before the flight(6th Nov) i receive a message that my old flight number(The evening flight) is cancelled. Normally this is when i would have known about it. Had i not checked earlier. :(...
- On the station to get a train for getting to Kolkata at 5 PM on 6th Nov. Got an automated call that my Morning flight at 7AM the next day is cancelled due to operational reasons.
- Called Kingfisher customer care, their first offer was that they would refund the money... :(... Then they said they could get me a ticket in the evening in Indian Airlines if i got to their Airport counter.
- By the time i got to the airport at 10:45 PM, 6th Nov, the counter was closed. And there were a lot of people in the same position as me. (Which surely would not be accommodated in one Indian flight).
- Finally I got a ticket in Indigo for Chennai. For twice the price of the original ticket on 7th Morning. (The Bangalore ticket was worth thrice).
1. Don't use cleartrip.
2. Don't trust Kingfisher for long term travel tickets.
3. Dont Buy travel insurance. (Apparently they only pay if u are dead. They don't believe that insurance should cover flight cancellations.)